RS TV Show Tracker is a software designed for TV show addicts – by a TV show addict.
The software allows you to keep track of all the TV shows you watch, by notifying you when a new episode was aired.
Key features of the software:
- Full Aero interface and support lots of Windows 7 features, like progress bar in the taskbar.1
- Display summaries and screen captures of the episodes for a quick recap.
- Automatically mark episodes as seen as you watch them in your video player!2
- Search for torrents, Usenet and RapidShare links.
- Search for subtitles in more than 30 languages and download them automatically near the video file.
- Search for online videos on Hulu, BBC iPlayer, Netflix, iTunes and other services.
- Search for downloaded episodes on your hard drive or network shares blazingly fast!3
- Read aggregated news and episode reviews in your language about the shows you’re watching.
- Hook it up to your XMLTV files and catch local airs of your TV shows.
- Organize your downloaded TV show files with the built-in intelligent file renamer.
- Create symbolic links to the downloaded files instead of renaming them, this way you can continue seeding them!4
- Display fun statistics like the total time you’ve wasted watching TV shows.
- Share what you’re watching with your friends through Twitter, Identi.ca or Facebook!
- Recommends you TV shows based on what you’re watching right now!
- Open source software! Fork it, fix it, tailor it to your own needs!
1 The software only runs on Windows 7 and above.
2 This is accomplished by monitoring the open file handles of your video player. If an episode is open for more than 10 minutes, it’s marked as seen.
3 Scanning a 1 TB local drive containing 11,016 files and 783 folders takes only 0.23 seconds!
4 This feature only works when the target directory is on an NTFS partition.
The software supports the following sites:
- TV databases
- TVRage Official XML API English
- The TV DB Official XML API 23
- The Movie DB Official XML API English
- Freebase Official XML API English
- TV.com XPath screen scrape English
- EPisodeWorld XPath screen scrape 24
- IMDb Android XML API English
- AniDB Official XML API ~34
- Anime News Network Official XML API English
- EPGuides/TVRage RegExp screen scrape English
- EPGuides/TV.com RegExp screen scrape English
- Wikipedia 1 XPath screen scrape English
- The Futon Critic 1 XPath screen scrape English
- Download links
- TV specialized trackers
- Tv Torrents Ro
- BitMeTV 2
- TV Chaos UK
- TV Vault
- 0-day trackers
- Hungarian trackers
- Romanian trackers
- Other specialized trackers
- Anime trackers
- Tokyo Toshokan
- Public trackers
- The Pirate Bay
- Daily TV Torrents
- TV specialized trackers
- HTTP links
- PreDB release checks
- Hosszupuska Subtitles
- Online videos
- BBC iPlayer
- Amazon Instant Video
- Google search
- Social networks
- Recommendation services
- RS TV Show Recommendation – generated using people with similar taste
- RS TV Show Recommendation – generated using genre and popularity filtering
- The TV DB
- TV Fanatic
- EW.com Inside TV
- TV Blog
- Seriale Tari
- Internally used search engines
- Google Web Search API 6
- Bing Search API 2.0
- Link checking
- ...and lots more due to daily updated library!
* Features marked with a red asterisk are not yet available in the stable release, however if you’re feeling adventurous, they should be in the nightly builds.
1 Wikipedia and The Futon Critic support is very experimental and not yet selectable by users.
2 BitMeTV’s support has been deprecated due to their decision to globally ban a whole country. Don't click here.
3 EzTV is currently not included because eztv.it’s search is bogus.
4 Unfortunately Katz.cd was hacked and there’s a good chance it won’t come back online. More infos here.
5 PreScene has been removed because the database wasn’t always up-to-date and the servers were very slow to answer for some search queries.
6 Unfortunately Google has deprecated all of their web search APIs, so while they still work, all methods which use it should be ported in time to Bing.
7 Tube+ was removed in commit d653ade30141e8c47d90ee7668d52a32c1f43f4d.
8 Scroogle was discontinued and the new intended replacement is Seeks-Project.
9 ev0.in, Mukki.org and PhazeDDL have ceased to exist.
10 TVTorrentz.org has moved on.
- Database synchronization – some if it is already implemented in the git repository
- Automatically download torrent and nzb files or create DLC containers to a folder, which µTorrent/Vuze/jDownloader/etc will monitor and import
The software was designed to automatically search for derived classes in the current application domain of a base class and use them. This way, every component of the software is extendable. You can integrate your own site into the software just by extending a class: this can be done either from within a .NET language compiled to a library or an external python script, which the software will interpret at runtime using IronPython.
A lot of useful methods are publicly exposed in the
RoliSoft.TVShowTracker.Utils class for you to use.
More informations on how to develop plugins can be found on the Plugins page.
To browse the source code of the project go to GitHub or BitBucket.
To get the source code and compile it, you’ll need to install git and either Windows 8.1 SDK or Visual Studio 2013, then issue the following commands:
git clone git://github.com/RoliSoft/RS-TV-Show-Tracker.git cd tvshowtracker msbuild
To edit the project you will need Visual Studio 2013, because it’s a .Net 4.5 WPF application.
The source is distributed under the Microsoft Reciprocal License, which is an OSI-certified open source license.
Support the development
If you like this application, you can show your appreciation and ensure the continued development of this software by buying me a coffee.